Sunday, February 18, 2007

Clinging onto Dear Life


Riding on the stroke of dawn
Comes every day the pearly dew
Oozing from the lazy yawn
Of the lotus leaf - the only friend it knew

"I wake you up from a hard night's sleep"
Spoke the dew "Coz I have lots to say"
"I conserve all day, thoughts carefully keep"
"To share with you, the very next day"

The whole world thinks, looks best the leaf
Only when the dew-crown it wears
The dew knows though - it imposes self
An extra load, the leaf charitably bears

Dew thinks aloud, hates imbalance
"Damn the lack of symbiosis!"
"Why this hopeless-hapless dependance?"
"Damn my birth of osmosis!"

"Excuse me!" bows out the leaf
The pearl slides down - Oh! It cuts like a knife
To see it hang by the tip of the leaf
And clinging onto dear life

1 comment:

Zupahman said...

This was the best!!.. loved it.. Outta da box