Sunday, February 18, 2007

Part A: The Substitute: Trilogy of Sweet Melancholy

Yes - It's true. I have found your substitute.
Take it from me - you were never indispensable.
Do not be proud of your shared past.
I have found your substitute.

We spend a lot of time lip-locked.
My fingers itch for that familiar touch.
The sweet aroma intoxicates.
Oh that brilliant spark at the touch of passion!
A fresh kick of life with every kiss!
Takes my breath away!
Addictive!
One just cant stay away!
Subtly filters my worries, insecurities - turns 'em to smoke.
Expensive to maintain - but so were you! (..Sorry..)

Don't be jealous. Please don't be.
Your substitute but knows all about you.
I have discussed you at length - over three meals a day.
Please don't go by hear-say.
Please don't grudge me my Marlboro Lights.
At long last - I have found your substitute.


4 comments:

Obheek said...

STATUTORY WARNING: Cigarette smoking is injurious to health! :)

Unknown said...

Marlboro should be substituted....good to see you are with me on this.

Vaibhav said...

Nothing can beat Marlboro guys....and i mean nothing...also...if Cigarette smoking is injurious to health...tell me what is not??

Avirup Das said...

intriguing, mysterious, your writing seems to wink at the reader in a knowing way...a wooded window to a mind that wants to hold onto its little secrets... yet provide a sliver to one who peeks....

note from a younger brother: ur making me pretty envious right now!
i can only wish for this envy to increase day by day! :)